Our Boost Recuperation Machine (BRM) transforms any conventional internal combustion engine into an efficient mild-hybrid with minimal effort: The 48 volt BRM replaces the 12V generator on the drive belt (P0 topology), so there is no need for complex and expensive high-voltage protection systems or wiring harnesses.
This “upgrade” from a conventional generator to a BRM creates significant benefits:
- Recuperation of braking energy to save fuel and CO2 emissions
- 48V power supply enabling new functions with high energy demand
- Extra power via electric boosting
- Comfort start: extremely smooth start/stop operations
- Coasting at high speeds with the engine turned off
As a result, the BRM offers a significant reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions – up to 15 percent under real world driving conditions. At the same time, it powers an efficient 48 volt system, which in turn reliably supplies high-performance consumers such as the electronic brake booster or roll stabilizers.
For autonomous driving, the 48 volt electrical system also ensures the redundancy required to satisfy the safety requirements.
The BRM is so efficient that it is the only 48V machine which has been recognized as an EU eco-innovation. This enables manufacturers to receive an additional credit of up to 1.7g CO2 /km per vehicle.